What does an ISVA do?

Your individual worker (CH/ISVA) will listen to you and find out what your needs are.

They will then help you to access support from other agencies, such as:

  • Health services
  • Housing/Homelessness
  • Benefits
  • Counselling

The ISVA will also give you information to help you decide whether you want to report the incident(s) to the Police. You do not have to report the attack. If you decide not to report the matter, we will still provide you with support.

If you do decide to report the matter your worker will help you through the whole process, including working with the Police and the rest of the criminal justice system. Examples of the type of support your ISVA will provide include:

  • Liaising with the police, courts, Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and other public agencies
  • Keeping you informed of developments in your case
  • Advocating on your behalf
  • Supporting you before and during any court case
Leave this site